Proportionality & Indemnity Costs - Where Are We Now?
When the current proportionality rule was introduced in the Jackson reforms of 2013 we had no guidance on what proportionality meant and, even now, little idea what proportionality actually means.
However, finally we will have the Court of Appeal clarifying what proportionality means when it gives its judgment in the appeal on BNM v MGN Ltd.
The decision will affect costs assessments; how cost budgets are set and the importance or otherwise of getting costs on an indemnity basis.
This convenient webinar will also look at the Jackson report on fixed costs in the light of indemnity costs and Broadhurst v Tan and will bring you to date on this important topic.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What does proportionality mean?
- How should the test be applied?
- What costs are included in the test and what are outside?
- When and how should arguments about proportionality be run in costs assessments?
- What does the decision mean for costs budgeting?
- Proportionality and indemnity costs - is this the answer to all our problems?
- Fixed costs and indemnity costs - where we are and where we seem to be going
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Monday 12th February 2018 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.