Promotion Agreements & Planning - Shining Light on the Key Issues
With more speculative development sites coming forward in light of the Government’s drive to boost housing land supply and delivery, land promoters are looking to spread their net wider and landowners are looking to maximise the value of sites that might not otherwise have appeared to have development potential.
Against this backdrop the promotion agreement has come to the fore as the preferred way to achieve both parties’ aims through a more collaborative approach than the traditional option agreement model.
This webinar will explore the planning aspects of promotion agreements - how to ensure both parties understand the route and the end goal, looking at the parties’ roles and responsibilities as well as the risks arising. It will also look at balancing the pitfalls of allowing a promoter a completely free hand against over-involvement of the landowner.
If you are involved in negotiating promotion agreements then this webinar will shine some light on the key planning aspects.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The difference in approach to the more traditional option agreement
- The need for clarity as to the planning objectives
- Setting the planning strategy and adapting it to suit an ever changing planning arena
- Approval and communication - involvement of the landowner
- Securing permission and extensions
- Competing sites and collaboration
- Planning obligations and development agreements
- The marketing strategy
- Preserving the permission
- Community infrastructure levy issues
This webinar was recorded on 22nd August 2019