Professional Fee Collection - Recovery Strategies & Legal Solutions - Live at Your Desk
Never before has professional fee collection been so important in the legal sector. There have been some high profile failures in this arena of firms of all sizes. In many cases, issues with cash flow are at the heart of the problems.
This new virtual classroom seminar is designed for all those involved in the management and collection of professional fees in the legal environment. It will be of great benefit for managing and finance partners, practice managers, solicitors who manage the firm's debt portfolio as well as members of the firm's credit control and finance function. In addition, recognising that the Bar is not immune from these problems, special sections will look at the subject from the perspective of Chambers and the unique relationship they have with solicitors and others.
There will be the opportunity to work through case studies and other interactive sessions to ensure that you come away fully equipped to deal with fee collection problems. This is a day ‘out of the office’ that will repay your time away several times over and produce solutions that can be immediately implemented.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- What can be done to avoid bad debts
- Recovery strategies and legal solutions when clients default
- What action can be taken when a client becomes insolvent
- Avoiding disputes with clients at the outset and billing strategies
- Profiling your client; proactive work at the outset could avoid that unpaid bill
- Terms of engagement for both law firms and barristers chambers: getting them right and tips and tactics in this area
- Regulatory issues; SRA, Bar Council and now the FCA. How do they all fit in?
- What about CFA and other terms of working - how do you address those challenges?
- A disputed lawyer's bill: some special considerations and how to work with the Ombudsman
- Distinguishing the 'can't pay' from the 'won't pay' and responding accordingly
- Recovering professional fees through the courts: some do's and don'ts
- Enforcing that judgment in the most cost effective way
- Insolvency of a client - is that the end for recovery of fees?
- Relevant case law, case studies and interactive sessions
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.