Preparing Your Practice for the Briggs Reforms on Fixed Recoverable Costs
Presented by Helen Swaffield, this live broadcast session is aimed at practice managers, litigators and costs lawyers and will review the latest published position on costs reforms from October 2019.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Fixed costs in Fast Track - what is included?
- Small claims - the threshold
- The impact of the Online Court
- Fixed recoverable costs for Intermediate Track cases up to £100,000
- 4 bands
- ‘Ring-fenced’ fees
- Streamlined procedure - how does it work?
- PI and clinical negligence
- Timescales and consultation
- Capped costs in low value High Court cases (up to £250,000)
- Implications for your practice
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.