Practice Regulation for Accountants - All the Hot Topics
Accountants working in professional practice face a seemingly endless stream of regulatory changes which affect practice management. Non-compliance can result in a bad outcome at the time of an inspection visit from a professional body.
This webinar will explain all the recent changes and also highlight common issues on professional body regulatory visits, helping you to ensure that your practice is well prepared in the event of such a visit.
This webinar is aimed at partners, managers and staff in accounting firms with an interest in anti-money laundering and practice regulation compliance.
Although much of the guidance issued will be based on feedback from the ICAEW, the themes are generic and will apply to all accountants in professional practice working across the UK.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Practical steps you need to take to comply with the Money Laundering Regulations, including the new 5th Directive (2020)
- AML procedures reviewed during Practice/Quality Assurance visits and why they matter
- Common issues with GDPR one year on and the steps required to ensure compliance
- Common areas of concern identified by inspectors on Practice and Quality Assurance regulatory visits and how to address these in practice
- Top tips for managing risk in your practice
- Recent regulator feedback on Practice and Quality Assurance compliance - what the disciplinary cases tell us
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Tuesday 31st March 2020 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.