Planning Law & Practice in Scotland - The Basic Principles
Planning is about supporting the design and delivery of high-quality, successful places. High-quality places are vital to the social, environmental and economic success of our cities, towns and rural communities.
This new introductory level half day course will explain the basic principles of planning and will bring you right up to date on the content and implications of the new Planning (Scotland) Act 2019 and how the Act may affect planning and development in Scotland in the future.
It is suitable for planning lawyers and other property professionals.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Objectives of planning law
- The planning system
- Planning process and development management
- Timescales and appeal routes
- Material considerations - new requirements on the horizon?
- Planning Obligations - s75 agreements and s75A variations
- Judicial review and case law update
- Planning (Scotland) Act 2019
- Planning for the future?
2:00pm - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme