Pitch Perfect - How to Prepare & Present Winning Pitches & Tenders
Some types of professional work are won entirely through informal pitches and formal tenders. And most professionals (whether lawyers, accountants or surveyors) will be required to prepare a pitch or tender at some point in their career.
Writing and presenting a persuasion pitch relies on strong communication skills and an understanding of the sales process.
This workshop guides you through the pitch development process and focuses on the skills needed to form a strong relationship with the prospective client, assess their needs and motivation, formulate a winning sales strategy and communicate persuasively in written documents and presentations.
The aim is to help you improve your conversion rate.
What You Will Learn
Process, Planning and Preparation
- Before the pitch
- Go/No go decision
- Research requirements
- Competitive positioning
- Creating a compelling value proposition
- Contact with the client and scoping meetings
- Essentials of persuasive writing
- Brand personality and innovation
- Structure and content (key messages)
- Storytelling and an emotional connection
- Using the client’s values/language
- Writing to sell
- Executive summaries
- Reviewing and editing
Preparing for the Presentation
- Obtain feedback from the client
- Presentation skills:
- Structuring the content
- Introducing yourself and adapting to personalities
- Creating rapport and trust (emotional intelligence, non-verbal communication)
- Strong start, control and positive finish
- Insight selling - adding value as you sell
- Promoting interaction and discussion (questions/active listening)
- Objection handling and closing
After the Pitch
- Debrief, feedback and continuous learning
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme