Persuasive Writing for Business Development - A Guide for Professionals
Lawyers, accountants and surveyors write technical documents for clients every day.
But to generate business development opportunities, you must also be able to write good quality content to generate leads through digital marketing and pitches - and then convert prospects into clients.
This one-day course provides an introduction to the elements of persuasive writing (as opposed to technical writing) and will help you to develop new skills through exercises in planning, structuring, drafting, editing and distributing your written content.
Delegates are encouraged to bring examples of their profiles, web content, newsletters, blogs and articles to work on during the session.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Writing Basics
- Aims, structure and style
- Plain English
- Communication Models
- Creating client personas
- Empathy - engaging the reader
- Persuasive writing skills
- Key messages - less is more
- Marketing Communications
- Brand, personality and tone of voice
- Creating powerful value propositions
- Storytelling and metaphors
- Developing a content management plan
- Different Types of Marketing and Business Development Writing
- White papers and reports
- Media relations
- News releases (the inverted pyramid)
- Digital marketing
- Email etiquette
- Web sites and search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Writing for social media
- Selling and relationship management
- Client communications
- Bids, pitches and tenders
- Thought leadership campaigns
- Editing and Proof Reading
- Summary - Practical writing rule book
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme