Personal Insolvency - The Different Options Demystified
Personal insolvency is currently running at the highest level for several years and that trend looks likely to continue over the next 12 months.
At the same time, the Government has announced its commitment to setting up a new statutory debt option for individuals as part of its ‘breathing space’ for debtors consultation.
This webinar will provide a practical guide for those advising on these issues in practice and also look at the recent developments in the debt arena.
What You Will Learn
The webinar will cover the following:
- Bankruptcy - the legal and practical consequences
- Debt Relief Orders - the application process and effects
- Individual Voluntary Arrangements - the most commonly used personal debt option, but is it always the right one?
- The Government’s ‘Breathing Space’ Agenda - what changes could result if this becomes law?
- Personal insolvency from the creditor's perspective - the end or not?
- Case law developments - what has been going on in the last 12 months?
This webinar was recorded on 27th August 2019