Personal Injury Claims - The Complex Cases
The factual circumstances which may lead to a personal injuries action are many and varied. Whilst many of the legal principles and strategies are applicable across the board, the legal landscape is becoming increasingly fractured.
This course will address discrete categories of cases where the standard template cannot be applied and additional care is necessary. In addition, a comprehensive update will be provided in relation to the general principles as addressed in recent case law.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Recent decisions of the Superior Courts
- Catastrophic injuries and the Civil Liability (Amendment) Act 2017
- Airline accidents (Montreal Convention)
- Fraudulent claims (section 26 of the Civil Liability Act 2004)
- Loss of consortium
- Substantive and procedural statutory duties in personal injuries actions
- The impact of the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 on litigation
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme