Personal Health Budgets in Care Planning - Problems & Solutions
This course is designed to set out the circumstances in which Personal Health Budgets can be used to secure patient driven healthcare, tailored to individual needs. As well as setting out the legal framework, the course will cover some of the common stumbling blocks and practical problems associated with the introduction and ending of Personal Health Budgets.
The course is aimed at those advising individuals and their carers on care planning and how to secure the most appropriate package for their needs. It is suitable for private client solicitors, those who advise on court of protection matters and healthcare specialists.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- The background and framework
- The link into other options for care packages
- The NHS approach and guidance
- Eligibility requirements
- What the Personal Health Budget can (and can’t) be used for
- The agreement
- Legal responsibilities of budget holders and their representatives
- Ending agreements
- Some common practical problems
2:00pm - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme