Payroll & HR Compliance - Current Issues & Future Developments
You may outsource your payroll and therefore heave a sigh of relief that your bureau needs to attend this course not you - sadly that's not the case. You can never outsource compliance and with the PM rolling out a raft of new legislation and of course with an eye to Brexit, this half day course will provide you with the confidence that your payroll is being run compliantly and you’re getting value for your fees.
It will also enable you to consider the impact on company policies in respect of changes to childcare support, gender pay gap reporting, optional remuneration arrangements and the move to payrolling benefits, and that's just to pick four topics from a very long list of new employer obligations.
Business as usual is also very different since the introduction of RTI. Do you know how to check your HMRC business account - agents can't do that for you! And are you aware of all the changes to payroll obligations for 2018/19? With dynamic coding live since last July and with new triggers being deployed regularly your employees will also have much more access to their earnings data to manage their tax, NI and welfare payments.
This course is aimed at professional advisers as well as anyone who employs people in the private, public or voluntary sector. The course presupposes some knowledge of payroll and HR obligations.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
Statutory changes already announced for 2018/19 and a recap on 2017/18 developments
- Deemed workers - a new type of payee in the public sector
- Tax - Scotland breaks away
- National Insurance - new type in 2019
- Apprenticeship levy - what have we learned so far?
- Pensions - preparing for the first statutory increases and immediate duties for new employers
- Benefits - all change for childcare, optional remuneration arrangements and new P11D calculations
- Gender pay gap reporting - the first reporting deadline approaches
- Dynamic coding, personal tax accounts and business tax accounts
2:00pm - 5:15pm
9:30am - 12:45pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme