Payment Disputes - A Guide for Surveyors & Architects
Payment disputes in the construction industry are commonplace, and while the disputes are usually between employers, contractors and sub-contractors, architects and surveyors often become embroiled in the dispute.
This webinar is designed specifically for architects and surveyors and covers the payment processes and how you may become involved. It will also look at the different methods of dispute resolution and how architects or surveyors may be asked to provide expert evidence at trial or arbitration.
What You Will Learn
The webinar will cover the following:
- How payments become due and why would an architect or surveyor become involved?
- Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996
- Scheme for Construction Contracts 1998
- Mechanisms for payment
- Contract administrators
- Why do payment disputes arise?
- Architects' and surveyors' involvement in dispute resolution
- Expert evidence
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Monday 30th July 2018 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.