Patient Consent in Clinical Negligence Claims
This is a developing area of the law in which recent judicial views reflect a rapidly changing approach to the questions of consent and validation.
This webinar will enable you to understand the latest implications.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The ways in which Montgomery changes the law and its practical implications
- Recent cases in which that has been applied in practice:
- Crossman v St George's Healthcare
- Spencer v Hillingdon
- Webster v Burton Hospital Trust
- Problems arising with consent cases
- Was there a breach of duty?
- If so, would the patient have made a different choice if properly consented
- If so, how has the consent issue (as opposed to other possible breaches) caused loss?
- Medical records and their potential significance
- Protocols used by hospitals and other medical providers
- Witness statements from patient and family/friends
- Witness statements from treating health professionals
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Friday 7th July 2017 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.