Patient Consent in Clinical Negligence Claims
This is a developing area of the law in which recent judicial views reflect a rapidly changing approach to the questions of consent and validation.
This webinar will enable you to understand the latest implications.
What You Will Learn
This APIL accredited webinar will cover the following:
- The ways in which Montgomery changes the law and its practical implications
- Recent cases in which that has been applied in practice:
- Crossman v St George's Healthcare
- Spencer v Hillingdon
- Webster v Burton Hospital Trust
- Problems arising with consent cases
- Was there a breach of duty?
- If so, would the patient have made a different choice if properly consented
- If so, how has the consent issue (as opposed to other possible breaches) caused loss?
- Medical records and their potential significance
- Protocols used by hospitals and other medical providers
- Witness statements from patient and family/friends
- Witness statements from treating health professionals