Pain, Suffering & Loss of Amenity - A One Hour Introduction
This webinar will consider how pain, suffering and loss of amenity (PSLA) has developed, how the courts will approach PSLA awards and problematic injuries.
It will give you a better insight into the difficulties of this head of loss and its implications for claimant and defendant work.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- How has this head of loss developed and what it is intended to include?
- How will the Court approach PSLA awards on some commonly found injuries?
- Explanation of the ways in which source material can be accessed with words of warning about what is or is not reliable
- Problematic PSLA awards including:
- Multiple injuries
- Short life expectance following severe injury
- Pain syndromes
- Intractable symptoms from apparently minor injuries
- Evidence - witness statements of fact, surveillance, experts
- Future medical and legal developments which may affect PSLA awards
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Wednesday 5th July 2017 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.