Option to Tax on Commercial Property Conversions - A Tax Practitioner's Guide
A popular property strategy for clients is to purchase a commercial property and convert it to residential use, but there can be several VAT issues to consider, especially where the seller has already opted to tax the commercial property.
This webinar will explore some of the key VAT issues for accountants and tax advisors to consider on these types of property transaction.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What is ‘converting’ to residential property?
- Options to tax and input VAT recovery: why opt?
- The vendor’s perspective, including taxable v exempt sale
- The purchaser’s perspective, including disapplying a vendor’s option to tax/ input VAT recovery position
- Disapplying the vendor’s option to tax: mechanics and commercial issues
- A chain of transactions: intermediaries and disapplying a vendor’s option to tax
- A developer purchaser: zero rating - a silver bullet?
- TOGCs in this context
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Wednesday 13th November 2019 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.