Option to Tax on Commercial Property Conversions - A Guide for Accountants & Tax Advisors
A popular property strategy for clients is to purchase a commercial property and convert it to residential but many commercial buildings have already been opted to tax.
This webinar will explore the key issues for accountants and tax advisors.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What is an option to tax?
- Why do purchasers want the option removed?
- Why don’t vendors want to remove it?
- Is a new building covered by a previous option to tax?
- Can you belatedly opt to tax?
- What are the VAT implications of a conversion?
- What if you sell as a TOGC to a pension (SIPP/SASS)?
- When does commercial property become residential?