‘Moving in Together’ - A 1 Hour Guide for Conveyancers
'Shall we move in together?' or 'Dad - why don't you move in with us?' sound like fairly simple questions but for the conveyancer they are fraught with potential difficulties.
Your clients may not appreciate the possible minefield of law they are treading upon. It is your duty to spell out all of the things that can, and often do, go wrong.
The situations you will be called upon to advise will be as varied as the many clients who seek your advice - from cohabitees to aging parents and knowledge of the many areas of the law which touch on this topic is essential.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Taxation implications from inheritance and capital gains to SDLT surcharges
- Granny flats or annexes, conflict of Interest, disclosure, separate representation and undue influence
- Gifts, 'gifted deposits', and inter-family disputes
- Where are we now on joint ownership?
- Declarations of Trust and problem cases, the Law Society guide to moving in together
- Mortgage problems, 'other occupiers'/'sharing possession' covenants and equity release
- Fraud - is the person in front of you really the spouse or parent?
- Can a parent evict the offspring or can the offspring evict the parent?
- Practical difficulties, aging and social care, and getting out of the situation
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Monday 5th February 2018 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.