Migrant Families & Care Leavers - Issues in Community Care
This webinar will focus on support which may be available to migrant families under Part III of the Children Act 1989.
As well as giving a ‘refresher’ on the basic principles governing the provision of support in this area, it will highlight some current issues which have either featured in recent case-law or that are emerging in every day practice.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The basic legal framework - s.17 Children Act 1989
- Excluding support - schedule 3 Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002
- Migrant care leavers and schedule 3: consideration of Mustafa v Kent County Council  EWHC 2025 (Admin)
- What difference does the corporate parenting duty in section 1 of the Children and Social Work Act 2017 make?
- Recent issues - gatekeeping and interplay with the right to rent