Managing Risk Effectively - A Guide for COLPs
This brand new live broadcast session is designed to tackle all aspects of risk management.
Managing risk is a critical issue for the Compliance Officer for Legal Practice (COLP) with other members of the firm’s senior management team.
We will consider how risks can be identified, evaluated and managed across the practice.
The focus will be on practical advice and guidance coupled with exercises and scenarios that will enable you to assess and control risks effectively.
What You Will Learn
This live broadcast session will cover the following:
- What is risk?
- Establishing the firm’s appetite for risk
- Identifying and measuring risks
- Creating a risk register
- Dealing with a range of risks - strategic and operational
- Impact of SRA requirements and Risk Outlook 2018/19
- What risks concern your professional indemnity insurer?
- Developing a risk management policy
- Addressing key risks in a compliance plan
- Managing risk as part of file/case management
- File reviews and supervision
- Formulating AML risk assessments
- Summary and questions
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.