Managing Personal Injury Trusts
Successful personal injury claimants can lose their entitlement to means tested benefits as soon as they receive their compensation unless it is paid into a Personal Injury Trust.
This new half day course is a comprehensive introduction for personal injury and private client solicitors.
The course will explain the rules surrounding these trusts, how they can be put in place and the various types of trusts that can be used. It will also review the administration and winding up of the trusts, using case studies and examples.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- What benefits are affected
- Why these trusts do not fall foul of the deliberate deprivation of asset rules
- When a personal injury trust should be used
- The type of trusts that can be used
- When Court of Protection approval is needed
- How to notify the DWP
- Administering and winding up a personal injury trust
- Choice of trustee
- Acting as a trustee of a personal injury trust
2:00pm - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme