Manager as Coach? A Toolkit for Business
Can a manager be a coach?
Many organisations think so, and embrace a coaching management style as a more positive and effective alternative to the traditional ‘command and control’ approach.
The key benefits include creating a supportive yet challenging environment; enabling individuals and teams to sustain high performance; and empowering and developing team members to be engaged and take responsibility for their actions and goals.
This interactive and practical one-day workshop will introduce the key coaching skills that managers can use and share ideas on how to develop a coaching management culture. Delegates will have an opportunity to practice coaching and receive feedback to build into a personal action plan.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Traditional manager v ‘manager as coach’ - the key differences and benefits
- Core coaching skills - active listening, powerful questioning and goal-setting
- Popular coaching models and structures, including the GROW Model
- Practice session and feedback
- Developing a ‘coaching management style’ within a broader organisational culture
- Reflection and action planning
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme