Making the Switch to Commercial Litigation
The aim of this half-day course is to provide you with a grounding in commercial litigation by focusing on practice within the Queen's Bench Division's Commercial list and the Chancery Division in the High Court.
The course will be of particular relevance to recently qualified Solicitors or those who wish to move into this challenging and exciting area of law.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- An introduction to the Commercial List, O.72 & Practice Directions
- Pre-action correspondence & costs
- Jurisdiction in a global environment
- Chancery court v Commercial list
- Agency in the commercial context
- Third party proceedings in the context of parties and joinder
- Interlocutory matters with a particular focus on injunctive relief, security for costs, summary judgment, tender, and specific discovery
- Experts and witnesses
- Remedies including references, declarations, injunctions, specific performance and damages
2:00pm - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme