Litigating Commercial Contracts - Recent Developments & Case Law
Learn Live is MBL's latest eLearning solution. This virtual learning session combines the convenience of a webinar with the interactive benefits of a seminar, which may include the opportunity to engage with the speaker and other delegates, take part in voting polls and more.
This live broadcast session will review the unprecedented developments in commercial contracts we have seen over the last 18 months.
It is an ideal way to keep up to date if you are litigating anything with a contractual element.
What You Will Learn
This interactive session will cover:
- Breach of warranties (Sumitomo)
- Misrepresentation (First Tower)
- ‘Subject to Contract’ (Global)
- The repudiatory breach trap - is it really that bad?
- Reserve your rights or lose them (Phones 4 U v EE)
- Applying UCTA to the limitation of liability (African Bank)
- Excluding ‘any claims’ - the end of a strict approach to exclusion clauses (Ovrup)
- Interpretation of ambiguous wording (Western Zagros)
- Aggregating claims (RDE v Atos)
- Serve the correct notice (Teoco)
- Damages - is Hadley v Baxendale still good law? (Transocean)
- Law & jurisdiction clauses or ‘forum shopping’?
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.