Litigants in Person & McKenzie Friends - An Update for Family Lawyers
The growth of parties who act as Litigants in Person (LIP) is proving to be one of the most challenging aspects for courts and advocates in family proceedings. The issue has been highlighted in the recent report Reforming Legal Services: Regulating Beyond the Echo Chambers (June 2020).
Aimed at family lawyers, this webinar seeks to address the challenges of working with a LIP and will take a fresh look at the current position including the role of McKenzie Friends and their future within the court system.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Reasons for LIPs
- The Court’s approach to LIPs
- Conducting a hearing with a LIP
- Lawyers' responsibility towards the LIP
- Cost issues
- Rights of audience & rights to conduct litigation
- Increase in the role of McKenzie Friends and possible changes
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Wednesday 16th December 2020 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation