Lease Extension - Exploring the Pitfalls & Problems
A tenant’s right to a new lease under the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 can be fraught with problem areas for both tenant and landlord.
This intermediate-advanced level webinar explores a number of the trickier problem areas and their resolution.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Serving notices: fax, email, post: pros & cons + UKI v Westminster
- Assigning the benefit of the notice: ‘catch-up’ lessons from Villarosa v Ryan
- Costs: legal, valuation, intermediate landlords + ‘invalid’ notices: Plintal; Sinclair v Wisbey
- Why tenants should worry about ‘the landlord at law’
- Changing times, changing lease terms? Gordon v Church Commissioners; Burchell v Raj
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Monday 8th July 2019 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.