Land Registry Searches, Outline Applications & the ‘Registration Gap’ - The Latest Update
Land Registry Searches are often thought of as an almost routine step in your property transactions but it is well worth a more detailed look at them and the dire consequences if they are not carried out properly or the results are overlooked.
The priority period is a constant cause for concern to the conveyancer who always needs to keep one eye on the calendar and avoid falling into the ‘Registration Gap’.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The nature and effect of the ‘Registration Gap’, the legal status of the parties following completion but before registration of title is concluded and what might go wrong in the meantime looking at cases: Baker v Craggs and Stodday Land Limited and Ripway Properties Limited v Pye
- Land Registry clarification as to what interests may or may not be protected by an official search
- Why and when do official Land Registry Searches need to be carried out, what are the different types, what information is provided and what is the protection offered by ‘the priority period’
- How are Land Registry Searches lodged and what information do you include
- Searches for a mortgagee - your obligations
- Searches of the whole or part of a title, with or without priority
- Homes Rights Searches
- Business ‘E-Gateway’ and business services
- Searches on sub or re-dispositions of whole or part and on discontinuous leases (time share)
- What is meant by an ‘Outline Application’, when would you need to do one and what information and documents does the Land Registry require (The Land Registration (Amendment) Rules 2018)
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Monday 24th June 2019 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.