LLP & Partnership Agreements - Drafting Tips & Traps
The aim of this webinar is to provide clear and up to date guidance along with tips, traps and key drafting clauses.
If you are a lawyer advising in the partnership and employment field, a civil litigator keen to get an understanding of this specialist field or managing a firm then this webinar is for you.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Some golden rules on conversion to an LLP
- Dealing with losses in an LLP
- Draft agreements and whether members/partners are bound by them
- Key clauses to think about: termination provisions, garden leave, suspension, tag along and drag along, waiting room clauses, team move clauses
- Restrictive covenants in the LLP/partnership context
- Penalty clauses - the developing law
- Forfeiture, set off and liquidated damages clauses
- Power and protections for management (including trying to protect advice from disclosure)
- Categories of member (and the employee-member conundrum)
- Age based retirement clauses?
- Other recent lessons for drafting agreements
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Tuesday 12th December 2017 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.