Irish Wills & Probate - How to Avoid Disputes, Pitfalls & Traps
Wills and probate is an area that can concern practitioners and often has a reputation for being a complex and archaic area of law.
Careful and proper planning can avoid issues arising and this new course will highlight problems that may occur at various stages in the process of the administration of estates and suggest possible solutions.
The course is aimed at general practitioners looking to develop their familiarity with probate law for the purposes of avoiding litigation post-death, and if issues do arise, how you can deal with them.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Will drafting
- Minimising post death complications through effective will drafting - including avoidance of disputes and problematic probate applications
- Tips and advice to avoid potential pitfalls
- Non-contentious probate
- Relevant procedure for non-contentious probate and applications to the High Court Probate List
- Limitation periods
- The appropriate limitation periods for making claims on behalf of estates and against estates both by creditors and beneficiaries, and those who might make a claim (children, spouse, cohabite)
- The effect of the expiry of the limitation periods on both classes and the consequences for the remainder of the beneficiaries
- The effect of the expiry of the limitation period insofar as it affects real and personal property
2:00pm - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme