Investment Property Sales & Purchases - How to Add Value for Your Client
Investors in property are focused on the rental stream, how secure it is and its potential for growth. This leads to the concept of the institutionally acceptable lease.
This virtual classroom seminar will share practical experience of the traps and pitfalls that make a difference to your investor client, whether you are acting for seller or buyer.
It is aimed at all property practitioners with a good basic knowledge of property law whose clients deal in investment property and who want to add value.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Buying an income stream, FRI and the institutionally-acceptable lease
- The concept of yields - calculating them, how they work
- Workshop looking at lease issues from the point of view of the investor client, including AGAs, rent review provisions, tenant break options, alterations, user, guarantees, repair, insurance, service charges, forfeiture, 54 Act renewals
- Issues on contract, including landlord's consent where the seller is itself a tenant
- VAT (TOGCs)
- Leases that have been forfeited
- TUPE (employment issues)
- Issues when buying or selling at auction
- Rights of residential tenants, including the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987 (as amended)
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.