Intellectual Property in R&D Collaborations
This course looks at the treatment of intellectual property in commercial and academic R&D collaborations.
It will appeal to both intellectual property lawyers and also to commercial lawyers advising the parties to such a collaboration.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following topics:
- The different types of IP found in R&D collaborations
- How to conduct a preliminary review of that IP and how to find information about it on public registers
- R&D contract structures, including the difference between academic and commercial collaborations, governance structures and risk issues
- The treatment of IP in collaborations, including background and foreground IP, risk analysis and risk mitigation
- R&D project structures, including work schedules, capital and resource requirements and project deliverables
- EU FP7 agreements as an example of a complex academic/commercial multi-party collaboration, including a review of the IP statutory underpinnings and the treatment of IP under the DESCA model agreement
9:30am - 12:45pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme