Insolvency Litigation - The Latest Update with Stephen Allinson
Insolvency law has been very much in the legal and business news recently. For every case, there are many ongoing challenges for insolvency practitioners and their lawyers in litigation actions for both personal and corporate claims.
At the same time, legislative and rule changes in the last few years mean that it is essential for all who practise in this area to keep up to date with all that is happening.
There is the possibility of statutory reforms in the corporate and personal rescue arenas, and European insolvency enforcement remains uncertain due to political developments.
This one day course, led by the very experienced and popular presenter Stephen Allinson, will cover all developments in both corporate and personal insolvency and bring you right up to date with the latest case law and other developments in this arena.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Recent case law on corporate and personal insolvency antecedent recovery matters
- Director disqualification proceedings - all change (or is it)?
- Insolvency practitioners’ powers pre litigation. How to use them beneficially whoever you are advising
- Analysing the competing interests in the matrimonial home for personal insolvency. Who wins?
- Removing or replacing the insolvency practitioner and other regulatory issues
- How to maximise your client's recovery post insolvency
- Tips and tactics to adopt and distinguishing different creditors' positions
- Potential changes in the law and how these may impact on your recovery strategies
- Choosing the right insolvency practitioner for the right job
- Cost issues - balancing risk and reward
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme