Inheritance Tax - A Bite-Sized Introduction
This webinar will cover the principles of the UK inheritance tax (IHT) regime. It will consider the way IHT interacts with trusts, estates and gifting which in turn will enable you to advise your clients accordingly.
It will also touch on non-domiciled clients and the way the IHT regime affects them. It is aimed at fee earners and support staff with little or no understanding of IHT.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What is Inheritance Tax (IHT) and when does it apply?
- Who is responsible for IHT?
- On which assets does IHT apply?
- Potentially exempt transfers and lifetime chargeable gifts
- The relevant property regime and the taxation of trusts
- Exemptions and reliefs (including the nil-rate band and the residence nil-rate band)
- Who is responsible for paying IHT, reporting and payment deadlines
Quick Quiz - Test Your Knowledge: Just click Wills, Probate & IHT