Image Rights & Tax Issues for Entertainers & Sports Stars
This introductory level webinar will cover the role of image rights in planning for sports persons and entertainers. It will include the basics of the law together with the difference between 'active' and 'passive' income.
It will focus on self-employment and incorporating image rights companies, the benefits of being a non-domiciled individual and the use of the remittance basis.
What You Will Learn
This introductory webinar will cover the following:
- Is an image rights company appropriate for your client?
- Can you use an offshore image rights company?
- What are the key risk areas for HMRC to challenge my image rights structure and how may you reduce those risks?
- What image rights may comprise
- How to structure image rights
- Areas of HMRC challenge
- A case study
- The future for image rights - is there one?
This webinar was recorded on 7th September 2018