IP for Commercial Lawyers - A Practical Guide
This course is for non-specialists wanting to further their understanding of how to handle intellectual property and related issues.
The seminar will examine the different kinds of intellectual property and the various options available for commercialising it. It will also cover practical drafting tips and how to avoid common problems.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Intellectual property defined
- Nature and power of IP
- The different types of IP and how they differ from each other
- Trade marks
- Confidential information
- IP in corporate transactions
- Due diligence
- Who owns the IP? E.g. commissioned works
- Hedging your risks: warranties and indemnities
- Assignment of IP rights
- Licensing of IP rights
- Key terms
- Key issues to watch out for
- Structuring royalty clauses
- Competition law issues and IP
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme