IHT & Estate Planning - Recent Legislation & Proposed Reforms
For some time, there have been calls to simplify the current Inheritance Tax (‘IHT’) regime.
In view of the COVID-19 pandemic and the Government support that has been required, it has been widely discussed in private client circles that IHT reform may again be revisited with a view to raising revenue.
As reform of the current IHT regime could have a significant impact on how we approach estate planning and may also impact on arrangements that individuals currently have in place, practitioners need to be mindful of these proposals.
This new webinar is aimed at private client practitioners who specialise in estate planning and trusts.
What You Will Learn
The webinar will cover the following:
- Inheritance Tax Update
- Current thresholds and reliefs
- Inheritance Tax Proposed Changes
- Flat rate gift tax payable on both lifetime and death transfers
- Abolition of majority of reliefs, e.g. APR, BPR
- No 7 year rule
- No capital gains tax uplift on death
- Compulsory reporting of lifetime gifts over a certain level
- Annual fixed rate tax and charge when assets come out of trust
- Estate Planning During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Gifting property
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Friday 26th June 2020 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.