How to Write the ‘Perfect’ Expert’s Report - Webinar
The preparation of a persuasive and coherent report is one of the most important documents you can produce; not least to avoid your expert evidence being dismissed.
This webinar will explore the rules applying to expert evidence in most civil cases from medical negligence to defective buildings or valuation cases, how to structure a report and key points and tips to have in mind before you start drafting.
If you are looking to find out how to write the 'perfect' expert report, then this webinar is for you.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Knowing your forum - the different areas in which expert evidence is given
- Knowing the rules - the importance of the specific rules which apply to your evidence in a given case
- The importance of guidance - what you need to know beyond the rules themselves
- What is an expert witness? What makes you not simply an expert but an expert witness
- Knowing you can help - the importance of knowing what the tribunal needs in the case and whether you are able to provide it
- The key points to have in mind before you start drafting
- Writing your report
- Key points to cover
- How to write a report the tribunal will want to read
- Keeping opinion and facts in the right place
- Knowing how far your opinion should go and when you are going too far
- Distinguishing between the facts you know and those you don't
- Introductions and conclusions - how and when to write them
- Your CV - how to write it and what to watch out for
- Reports in response to the other side - how to draft and what to cover
- Joint statements - what to do and what not to do
- Further reports
Quick Quiz - Test Your Knowledge: Just click Expert Witness