How to Take Security over Intellectual Property
Intellectual property is an area which has often been approached with caution by lenders, due to the intangible nature of IP. However, as IP becomes a more recognised business asset, lenders are being forced to give more serious consideration to using IP as the basis for security.
This introductory webinar is aimed at corporate and banking lawyers and will explore how security over IP can be taken, how the risks of taking such security can be minimised and the key issues involved when taking security over IP.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The various IP rights and how such rights can be exploited for commercial gain
- Valuation of IP
- Security options available
- What to do before security is taken
- Which security option is best
- How to register and the consequences of failing to register
- General charging provisions in relation to IP
- Enforcement issues