How to Tackle Financial Remedy Proceedings with Confidence
This new course is aimed at those with a basic understanding of the financial remedy procedure who would like to develop their hands-on practical case management skills to ensure comprehensive case preparation and management to enable them to advise clients with confidence.
The course aims to equip junior lawyers up to 5 years PQE, trainees and paralegals with the confidence and practical skills to tackle the complexities of a financial remedy case.
It is also suitable for returners to work who may need a confidence boosting refresher.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Getting it right from the start; the importance of the first interview
- Understanding scoping and pricing
- Managing the client’s expectations; costs, timescales and outcomes
- The statutory framework - s.25 of the MCA 1973
- Quantifying needs; the approach of the court to the discretionary exercise
- Key cases - an analysis of relevant case law
- Estimating costs, taking away the guesswork
- To issue or not - that is the question - the costs/risk analysis
- The essential toolkit and the vital importance of case planning
- Tricky preliminary issues - MPS and LSOs
- Drafting Form E - avoiding the pitfalls and pleading your case
- How to deal with disclosure of trust and business interests - avoiding the pitfalls
- Preparing for FDA and FDR - checklists at the ready
- Expert evidence and Part 25 what is the role of the expert and when can a shadow expert be justified?
- Understanding PD27A - non compliance at your peril
- Explaining the approach of the court to your clients
- Formulating your position from the outset
- Formulating offers, understanding net effect
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme