How to Prepare for Reviews & Appeals under the Licensing Act 2003
Reviews are often the most hotly contested of all licensing proceedings. Described as a 'key protection' for the community, the result of a review hearing will often decide whether a business will succeed or fail and/or whether an aggrieved community finds relief.
This webinar is designed to provide a legal and practical introduction for lawyers, consultants and officers alike when preparing for licence reviews and summary reviews under the Licensing Act 2003.
The webinar will approach preparations from the vantage point of both responsible authorities and residents instigating reviews as well as operators resisting them.
What You Will Learn
Topics covered will include:
- The legal framework for reviews and summary reviews
- Statutory and non-statutory guidance
- Taking a strategic approach and judgement calls
- Evidence preparation and presentation
- Mediation and agreements
- Advocacy at the hearing
- Steps towards an appeal (including interim steps)
This webinar was recorded on 12th April 2017