How to Master the Time Bandits - Tips & Techniques
How many times have you wished there were more hours in the day? The harsh reality is that's never going to happen, so how can we make better use of the time we have?
This full day course will analyse where your time is currently going, plan what you can do about it, figure out how to put those plans into action and reflect on what your time is really worth.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Where do you have control over my time? Establish what control actually means and map time hoovering tasks
- Where is your time going? Use of time logs - what are they and how to use them effectively
- Prioritising - what is currently cluttering up your calendar that really shouldn't be there?
- Goal setting - how to set sensible personal goals using positive language
- Managing meetings - how to set better agendas to save time
- Getting organised - using basic principles from continuous improvement we look at where all the small time savings can be made which add up to a big difference
- Sifting out tasks based on their urgency or importance - do it, defer it, delegate it, dump it
- Giving feedback - managing your manager (or whomever else delegates tasks to you) and enabling you to work together more efficiently
- Saying 'No' - dealing with persistent offenders who keep dumping tasks on you which really aren't your responsibility
- Managing your procrastination tendencies - how to stop putting things off
- What is your time worth - both actually and figuratively (assuming delegates are salaried we look at how your hourly rate drops if you increase the number of hours worked)
- Work life balance - the benefits to yourself and the risks to yourself and your organisation of getting it wrong
10:00am - 4:30pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme