How to Manage Workplace Conflict Professionally
Challenging workloads, competing pressures and different personalities in the workplace can all result in conflict. Dealing with conflict assertively is a crucial skill for any professional. Developing the skills to deal with difficult situations will help you to achieve your personal and organisational goals and reduce stress.
This webinar will help you understand why conflict occurs and equip you with some approaches to dealing with difficult situations.
This webinar will look at some common tricky situations at work - from dealing with poor performance and saying ‘no’ to your boss.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Understand why conflict occurs in the workplace and how it can impact on effective relationships
- Understand that people approach and deal with conflict differently
- Use a simple three step model which will help you to communicate more effectively
- Consider how to handle some common difficult situations assertively
- Giving timely feedback on poor performance
- Delivering bad news when emotions are running high
- Responding appropriately to a demanding client
- Saying ‘no’ to your boss when your workload is unmanageable