Housing Grants Act - A Guide to Payment Notices in Construction Contracts
This virtual classroom session will provide a refresher on the principles and key parts of the Housing Grants Act in relation to payment notices in construction contracts.
The session will compare and contrast the relevant clauses of the standard forms of contract and help you to investigate ways in which the drafting of payment clauses is altered.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The key parts of the Act and its subordinate legislation
- How standard forms of construction contract implement the Act’s requirements
- Risks to changing the drafting of standard clauses
- Payment processes: interim and final (with visuals)
- Framing an application for payment: what to include and why
- Assessing an application for payment: what to do
- The role of the employer’s agent/contract administrator
- What to do if there are disagreements between payor and payee
- What do you need to include in my application for payment, and how should you frame it?
- What are your options if (1) the client does not pay on time; (2) You/your client does not want to pay a contractor?
- How can you become more confident about executing your role as an agent as regards the Act and payment?
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.