Heavyweight Crime - Drugs, Blackmail & Armed Robbery
This live broadcast session is aimed at practitioners with a good degree of experience, looking to take their first steps into dealing with more serious criminal cases.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Supplying and Importing Drugs
- Joint possession with intent to supply - what needs to be proved?
- What has to be proved to show a drug was in fact supplied?
- Importation in large quantities - does the Crown have to prove the defendant knew exactly what was being imported?
- What does ‘makes any unwarranted demand with menaces’ actually mean?
- A breakdown of what constitutes blackmail
- Sentencing - with no sentencing guidelines for the offence, what sort of sentence might be passed?
- Armed Robbery
- What constitutes ‘armed robbery’?
- What constitutes possession of an imitation firearm?
- For weapons - what difference does ‘having it with him’, ‘use’ and ‘possession’ make?
- What difference to sentence will the possession of a weapon make?
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.