HR for the Modern Business - A Best Practice Workshop
This full day workshop is aimed at those with some working knowledge of HR or staff management and will cover a wide range of topics within the employee lifecycle, with the aim to help delegates think strategically in planning and executing their activity as a HR Manager.
It will review the responsibilities towards staff; best practice for recruitment, management and development; and an update on basic employment legislation.
HR Managers need to be savvy and commercially aware whilst remaining compliant with a raft of legislation. They also need to keep abreast of external changes which impact their role - from the challenges of Brexit, new technologies, employee expectations to the renewed emphasis on mental health support and wellbeing.
The session will be interactive and participative including a quiz and case study exercise to aide learning and discussion. The focus is on practicalities and hands on approaches to dealing with issues.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- How to develop an HR strategy to best reflect the needs of your business
- To consider what your business is able or not able to deliver in terms of resources, personnel and other practicalities
- What your customers expect from you and how you can best deliver your message
- Overcoming objections from stakeholders and maintaining flexibility
- How you might be further ahead than you thought, by identifying the strategies that you already have in place in dealing with issues such as recruitment, retention, communications, data protection and performance management
- To consider outsourcing and the pros and cons of this
- Ways to handle HR admin and let technology play its part
- What ‘good looks like’ in terms of building your employee brand and attracting staff
- How a first rate onboarding process can give your staff a flying start
- Culture - what it is and why it is important
- Performance management and how this impacts the success of your business
- Developing a training plan and measuring outcomes
- Looking at coaching and the benefits that it can bring
- How to deal with employee relations at work and conflict situations in the most appropriate way
- Mediation and how it can be helpful
- Understanding the basics of dismissals, disciplinaries and grievances
- An overview of TUPE and the challenges that it can bring
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme