HM Revenue & Customs - ‘Requirement to Correct’, Disclosure Facilities & Campaign Update
Despite the closure of the Worldwide Disclosure Facility and the ‘Requirement to Correct’ regime, HMRC’s doors are still very much open to accept voluntary disclosures of tax irregularities. Handling disclosures correctly on behalf of clients can result in beneficial treatment from HMRC, and in the most serious instances can avoid the threat of criminal investigation.
This course will provide practitioners with an up to date briefing on current disclosure opportunities and HMRC Campaigns, and provide guidance on managing the disclosure process to ensure the best possible outcome for clients. The course also explains how the ‘Requirement to Correct’ regime works.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Current HMRC Campaigns and the rationale and background to Campaigns
- How to use HMRC’s Disclosure Service
- Do’s and don’ts when making a disclosure
- ‘Requirement to Correct’ - how does it work?
- An update on HMRC enquiry work and the impact upon practitioners and clients
2:00pm - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme