Gain Confidence as a Family Advocate - Live Introduction with Stuart Barlow
Family lawyers are often expected to undertake their own advocacy almost at the beginning of their careers. Many feel they lack the knowledge, skills or confidence to undertake this task and would benefit from some training in this area.
This live session broadcast will assist those who wish to gain some elementary knowledge of their role as a family advocate. It will provide practical examples of hearings in divorce, domestic abuse, children (both public and private) and financial disputes.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The benefits of undertaking family advocacy
- Types of hearing you encounter
- Preparation and bundles
- Presenting evidence at the hearing
- Litigants in Person and McKenzie Friends
- Drafting court orders
- Cafcass and local authority reports
- Order of advocates in opening a case, submissions and closing speeches
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.