GDPR for HR Professionals & Line Managers - The Key Issues
Under the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018, organisations must think carefully as to how to establish lawful grounds for data processing, as well as how this is communicated to staff.
In the HR context, this is especially important given the imbalance of the employment relationship and requires a careful consideration as to the lawful grounds for processing employee, applicant and other staff data, as well as how to effectively draft such terms.
Processing must also be considered in the wider contract of employment law obligations, anti-discrimination legislation and individual’s privacy rights.
This webinar addresses the key issues for HR professionals and line managers.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The GDPR principles in the context of HR
- Updated information on WP 29 guidance on staff data processing
- The lawful grounds for processing personal data under GDPR and the DPA 2018
- Criminal records data processing
- What to consider in order to draft effective fair processing notices
- Data retention and minimisation requirements
- Operational considerations when implementing a complaint HR process
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Thursday 11th July 2019 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.