GDPR & Your Employees - The Essentials for HR Professionals & Managers
Under the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 there are issues to consider specifically in the context of employment law that HR professionals and managers need to be aware of, even if they are not personally responsible for the organisation’s privacy compliance.
This live session broadcast is designed to give you an overview of the key data protection touch points and how they apply to HR.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The employment aspects of the GDPR in the context of the DPA 2018
- Exemptions for diversity, employment and equality of opportunity
- Employment law requirements with regards to establishing a lawful basis of processing
- How to draft effective fair processing notices and roll them out across the your organization
- Whistleblowing and disclosures
- A brief introduction to Subject Access Requests
- Health information: when is consent needed?
- Criminal records checks: should employers change their practice?
- Equal opportunities monitoring: should this always be anonymous?
- Complaints to the ICO: what approaches are we seeing?
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.