GDPR & Data Breaches - A Guide to ICO Notification Requirements
One of the key requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation is the requirement for organisations to notify the ICO and in some cases the individuals affected by a ‘personal data breach’.
The European Data Protection Board (‘EDPB’) has also produced a guidance note on the meaning of the key terms and this is essential knowledge for you and your clients.
This webinar summarises the key regulatory requirements.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Meaning of ‘personal data breach’ - broader than just ‘loss’
- Notification requirement - when and how to notify
- Communication requirement - when and how to communicate
- Risk assessment factors
- ICO’s breach reporting form - how to use it
- Series of practical examples drawn from the guidance note
- Accountability and record keeping requirements - what to record and how
- ICO’s most recent statistics and comments re breach reporting
- Summary of practical steps to take
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Friday 19th June 2020 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.